Strategic Options Review Service
The AOSEC Strategic Options Review Service is a service to support colleges to review their strategic position internally as well as to look at the external opportunities that exist.
AOSEC established this service in 2010 following a request from a group of South East Principals and with seed funding from LSIS.
Colleges are under greater pressure to maintain and improve quality whilst funding is reduced and the landscape in which they operate shifts and changes.
With the introduction of Area Based reviews, it is vital that colleges are able to develop their services and effectively position themselves to respond to political and social change.
This service has been designed to complement future developments in the FE sector and we continually work with colleges to adapt this service to ensure improvements that enhance the experience of the organisations involved. With the recent announcement of the availability of transitional funding through BIS to support the implementation of ABR recommendations, the AOSEC Strategic Options Review Service can offer a consultancy service to guide your college through change.
The Strategic Options Review Service is not an inspection; its aim is to provide your college with a dedicated team of appropriately experienced sector experts to help you improve standards and raise quality in the areas requiring improvement.
Models of Support
The Strategic Options Review Service has been developed around three different models of support.
Select any of the models for more details
(Looking inside the organisation)
Two day process based on a SWOT analysis of the organisation
Strategic Options Review
(Looking outside the organisation)
Two day process based on a SWOT analysis of factors that are external to the organisation
(Governors and senior management teams)
One day process for governors and senior management teams to talk through the main issues.
Bespoke models of delivery can be developed as required.
The support is intended to…
- Help plan for a quality review
- Help prepare for self assessment
- Look at plans for organisational development
- Provide an impartial, external and professional challenge
- Help identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to enable the organisation to respond within its own quality improvement plan.
Colleges use the Strategic Options Review Service for…
- Exploring whether new initiatives such as changes in lesson observations or the self assessment process have been embedded across curriculum areas
- Assessing the impact of new marketing material or changes to recruitment approaches
- Assessing the impact following a restructure
- Looking at how effectively a college works with its partners
- Assessing the impact of the ‘student voice’
- Exploring opportunities to develop new business
If you would like more information regarding our Strategic Options Review Service, please submit the enquiry form below: